Trends Showed Upcoming Textile Trends At Expo
ISPO Textrends forum, the best platform for performance textiles by manufacturers, designers, and product managers, held at the recent ISPO Munich expo, international sports business tradefair, from February 5 to 8, 2017, pulled in large number of visitors as it presented the upcoming textile trends namely; PFC free, natural, and visibility at the expo.
More than 2,800 visitors attended the ISPO Textrends and the daily conferences as the selected products were revealed in a newly designed forum.
The importance of a cleaner textile process was evident throughout the new developments, especially in the area of PFCs. Greenpeace has been calling on the textile industry to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its supply chain, highlighting PFCs as one of the priority hazardous chemical groups to eliminate.
The Detox Outdoor campaign put the spotlight on the outdoor apparel sector, for using PFCs in making waterproof membranes and water-repellent coating. Gore, a market leader in weatherproofing technologies announced during ISPO Munich that it will eliminate PFCs of Environmental Concern from its general outdoor weatherproofing laminates, 85 per cent by the end of 2020 and from its specialised weatherproofing laminates the remaining 15 per cent of products by the end of 2023.
Global Merino offered a hybrid blend of merino wool/polyester in a double-sided spacer structure with a PFC free DWR. 3M Scotchguard PFC-free offered higher durability to provide durable dynamic water repellency to a range of synthetic bases.
Nanomembrane’s range of commercial PFC-free products also attracted attention. Their plasma DWR PFC-free laminate, with a fibre diameter of less than 150 nanometres, provided eco-friendly laminates with thermal regulation, breathability, waterproofing, and windproof function to fabrics.
The second key theme was Natural rather than eco, as it was clear during the judging that there is a definite return 100 per cent natural as well as to the continued interest in hybrid blends. On the natural fiber front, wool, silk, cotton, kapok and cashmere featured alongside bio-based developments.
LMA showed a cupro/wool blend of single jersey that offered hypoallergenic properties alongside moisture absorbing, thermal regulation and excellent dye ability without the use of chemicals, giving it a strong sustainable advantage. A blend of merino wool and Tencel offered a cool quick-drying trans-seasonal fabric from Designer Textiles. High functionality featured in a 100 per cent wool double knit from Island Cosmos, with moisture management, thermal regulation, and water repellency through a performance finishing.
Printed reflective products featured by Everest included a rainbow printed reflective print on a polyester/spandex base. Safe Reflections showed their patented reflective coating that can be applied to textured fabrics, and reflective embroidery yarn with finished touch and unique aspect, was also featured from Gunold.

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.